Chip Card Technology
- No fees when using a First American Bank or Privileged Status ATM.
- Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) can be found nearly everywhere.
- Quicker Checkout — no need for check approval or to show identification.
- You can use your debit card to get cash back when you make a purchase at a store.
Easy to Use
Use your personal or business chip card to complete transactions at the same merchants you visit today. At stores that utilize chip-enabled terminals, insert your card and approve your purchase. At stores that do not utilize chip-enabled terminals, swipe your card as you normally would.
The chip in your debit card provides additional security when used in stores and ATMs that are chip-enabled because data stored on the chip is more difficult to copy or counterfeit.
Every day more terminals and ATMs are enabling chip card technology throughout the U.S. Chip technology is also common in over 130 countries in the world, including Canada, Mexico and the UK.
Using a Chip-Enabled Terminal
- Insert and leave your card in the terminal.
- Approve the transaction as you normally do.
- Remove your card once the transaction is complete.
Using a Chip-Enabled ATM
- Insert your card to begin the transaction.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Chip-enabled ATMs will hold your card during the transaction.
- Remove your card when prompted.
You are leaving First American Bank's website
By accessing this link, you will be leaving the First American Bank website and entering in a website hosted by another party. First American Bank has approved this as a reliable third party site, but please be advised that you will no longer be under the protection of, or subject to, the privacy and security policies of First American Bank. First American Bank is not responsible for the third party site's information.